Visiting Atlanta - What to See and Do
(Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport ATL, Georgia - GA, USA)
The unofficial capital of the southern United States, Atlanta is a city well-known for being a business and financial center.
The highly successful 1996 Summer Olympics were held here and resulted in the redevelopment of much of the city center. Atlanta is a sprawling city and many of its suburban districts are the size of some American towns.
Ten things you must do in Atlanta
- Visit the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historic Site, dedicated to the legacy of one of the great civil rights leaders of the modern era.
- Expand your horizons at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, located just outside of the city.
- Enjoy some classic blues at one of the many music festivals held throughout the year in Atlanta.
- Seek your thrills at Six Flags Over Atlanta, a popular theme park featuring the latest in roller coasters and thrill rides.
- Take a turn around the CNN Center, home of the internationally-known news network.
- Sample some great shopping at one of Atlanta's many shops, department stores and shopping centers.
- Five professional sports teams call Atlanta home; feel the excitement at one of their home games.
- See over 100,000 species of marine life at the Georgia Aquarium, one of the largest aquariums in the world.
- Open your mind at Imagine It! Children's Museum of Atlanta, featuring fascinating interactive exhibits.
- Delight your palate at one of the countless Atlanta restaurants, cafés and bars that offer a diverse array of cuisines to suit all tastes.